We know pills and pumps, work for erectile dysfunction, but what about food? Research has found that a diet rich in antioxidants has numerous health benefits. One of them is the promotion of nitric oxide production, an essential factor for erectile function. Following certain diets may be helpful.
The father of medicine, Hippocrates is known to have said: “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” The ancient Greek doctor is our first medical source that emphasizes the importance of nutrition to prevent or cure disease. His insight has not been forgotten. Food is under the “microscope”, and every year more data is being accumulated on the benefits of diet on health. Among the many discoveries, it has been found that nutrition can prevent or cure erectile dysfunction.
Menu that Helps You Grow Big
Several studies have pointed out that consuming a Mediterranean diet works well for boosting sexual performance. The diet is rich in nutrients that improve blood flow, boost energy levels, and antioxidant balance in the body.
What should be on the menu in order to “grow big”? There are reasons to think, even if more evidence is needed to confirm the potential of the following foods. Some of the options, such as the ones listed below can help.
- Dark Chocolate – Chocolate abounds with flavanols, nutrients that can increase blood flow and lower blood pressure. It also helps your body make more nitric oxide, which can help with erections and is in many ED medications.
- Watermelon – Studies say that watermelon doesn’t just refresh you, it can energies your sex drive. This sweet vegetable, no it’s not a mistake, it is considered as a vegetable, That’s not the only surprise, it turns out it can have effects similar to ED meds on your blood vessels. The active ingredient is lycopene, an antioxidant that’s good for your heart and prostate.
- Coffee – One study found that men who drank three cups of caffeine a day were less likely to have erectile dysfunction. The reason is caffeine that boosts blood flow. Several brands of sports drinks also contain caffeine. But tea drinkers are also beneficiaries of the effects.
- Nuts – Nuts are high in calories, so don’t overdo it. Small handfuls to your daily diet Walnuts contain arginine, an amino acid that is used to make nitric oxide. They’re good sources of folic acid and vitamin E.
- Oysters – Need little help with the sex drive? Shellfish may boost your testosterone. They’re also full of zinc, a nutrient that’s used by many cells in the body. Just make sure they’re properly cooked, and you know where they come from.
- Juice – Yes, the adult version is more pleasurable and can get you in the mood, but grape juice helps you perform. The juice increases the amount of nitric oxide in your body. If you don’t like drinking grape juice, switch to pomegranate juice.
- Garlic – When plaque forms on the walls of the arteries, blood flow is reduced. We know what that means. Problems when the time comes for romance. Garlic may help keep your arteries healthy and clear.
- Fish – Sardines, tuna, and salmon are good sources of omega-3 fatty acids. The benefits include lowering blood pressure and blood clots. They boost nitric oxide in your body. Your goal should be 8 ounces of salmon a week.
- Olive Oil – Focus on extra-virgin olive oil. Its produced without chemicals or high heat, which preserves the healthy antioxidants. Olive oil helps your body in the production of testosterone. It’s also full of monounsaturated fat, which can get rid of the bad cholesterol in your body.
Beware of Herbal Viagra
Marketing is infiltrating every fiber of the economy. But be careful with products labeled as “herbal Viagra” These are not the same as the prescription medication, that contains the active ingredient sildenafil. Many of these supplements can cause unwanted side effects and haven’t been proved to work.
Experts say that alcohol consumption, in excess, can also result in sexual dysfunction. It’s a good idea to cut back on your alcohol habits. If you do need a stimulating beverage, doctors recommend men to drink more caffeine. It is said that it boosts performance, relaxes muscles, and enhances blood flow which can help you get better erections and even last longer in bed. Try to stick to drinks that do not have extra additives or high sugar content.
Your best bet is to eat a healthy diet that is good for your heart and your circulation. Other foods that are good for your circulation include cranberries, apples, peanuts. Chances are, if you take good care of your vascular health, you will avoid many of the common causes of erectile dysfunction.